Women’s Guild of the New Orleans Opera Association
The Presidents’ Raffle
Official Rules of Entry
The Presidents’ Raffle–Official Rules of Entry PDF Version
- The Presidents’ Raffle is open only to legal U.S. residents 21 years or older.
- A maximum of 1,111 raffle entries will be sold.
- Official Presidents’ Raffle entries must be legible and completed in their entirety with entrant’s name, permanent address, and telephone number in order to enter the drawing. Only official entries are eligible for the drawing. No facsimiles are permitted.
- Completed entries may be purchased in the following manner:
- Online: www.neworleansopera.org
- Phone: (504) 529-2278 or 800-881-4459_______ (all phone orders will end at 5:00 p.m. on _April 10 2013 or until 1,111 tickets are sold
- In Person: 616 Girod Street, Suite 200, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70130.
- Opera Association and Women’s Guild Events: see www.neworleansopera.org for calendar of events____________________
- Winner will be determined in a random drawing to be held at the Mahalia Jackson Theatre for the Performing Arts during the intermission of the opera, Madame Butterfly on April 12, 2013. Winner will be notified by telephone on _April 12, 2013.
- Winner must present a certified check in the amount of taxes, valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance card to the Opera Association Office by the close of business April 24, 2013 in order to receive the prize. NOOA reserves the right to determine sufficiency of identification.
- Winner has 30 days to take delivery from Lexus of New Orleans. Winner will accept vehicle “as is” and is solely responsible for all taxes, including federal, state, income taxes, sales tax, registration, title and license fees, insurance and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using vehicle.
- Winner agrees sticker (list) price will be used to determine the value of the car for income tax and all other purposes. The IRS requires that taxes on prizes valued greater than $5,000 must be paid upon acceptance and before NOOA may deliver the prize to the winner. Winners are encouraged to consult a tax professional.
- Two alternate names will be selected. Alternate, in order to which it was selected, will be awarded prize in the event that first winner does not validly and timely claim prize.
- Entry in the raffle constitutes permission to NOOA to use the winner’s name, picture, video image, and relevant quotes of the winner.
- This raffle is administered by and is for the benefit of NOOA. All decisions concerning the raffle will be made by NOOA.
- NOOA’s Board of Directors, Women’s Guild Executive Committee of the Board of Governors, NOOA Staff and their immediate families (living in the same household address) are not eligible for entry and/or to win prize. The determinations of NOOA are final and binding with respect to any matter arising out of the interpretation or application of these terms and conditions.
- Employees/agents of LeBlanc Automotive, Inc. and its dealers, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional/advertising agencies and members of their immediate families (living in the same household address) are not eligible for entry.
- The retail value for the price has been determined by the donor and has not been independently appraised by NOOA.
- Prize will be awarded. Vehicle may not be redeemed for cash.
- No substitutions will be allowed. Winner may select a 2013 Lexus ES350 in stock at Lexus of New Orleans at time of delivery, all as set forth on the equipment list provided by Lexus of New Orleans on file and available for inspection at the office of NOOA, Attention: Gina Klein, or on-line at http://neworleansopera.org/presidents-raffle/. All package or vehicle upgrades may be purchased solely at winner’s expense.
- Winner agrees that NOOA, including the Women’s Guild, is neither responsible nor liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law relative to the vehicle including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness, except the vehicle does include LeBlanc Automotive, Inc.’s limited warranty as set forth in the vehicle owner’s guide.
- The Presidents’ Raffle is a benefit event for the New Orleans Opera Association, a 501(c)3 organization,
- The IRS has adopted the position that the $100 ticket price is not deductible as a charitable donation for federal income tax purposes.
- Winner need not be present to win.
- NOOA will not rent or sell any personal contact information obtained as a result of this raffle to third parties.
- If LeBlanc Automotive, Inc. and/or Lexus of New Orleans defaults and fails or refuses to timely transfer and deliver the prize to a qualified winner, the entire raffle shall be void, in which case, NOOA shall have no liability to the winner or to any bonafide purchaser of a raffle ticket for loss or damage of any kind, whether in tort or contract, except for the return of the full purchase price of each ticket.
PURCHASE OF A TICKET CONSTITUTES FULL AGREEMENT BY THE PURCHASER THAT HE/SHE AGREES WITH ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.