New Orleans Opera proudly carries on a tradition that dates to the 18th Century, when New Orleans was the site of the first opera performance in North America. Today’s opera company is the largest in the state and the only fully professional producer of opera in the city. Our historic legacy in the region depends on your support.
Now, more than ever, your contribution is essential for the continuation of grand opera in New Orleans.
Just as many single voices together become a powerful chorus, individuals like you collectively form the largest source of contributed revenue for the Opera Association. Join the chorus with your gift today!
Each voice is unique, and each donor gives for a different reason:
- Do you value having access to outstanding opera in New Orleans?
- Do you take pride in opera’s historic legacy in New Orleans?
- Do you believe in the power of arts education for children?
- Do you want to go behind-the-scenes through VIP events?
Whatever your reason to give, your support has never been so important for the preservation of high-quality opera performances and vital outreach programs for our community.
- Individual memberships offer many ways to go behind the scenes and get closer to your opera company.
- Our popular Mastersigner giving level provides major donors with many VIP benefits.
- Our exclusive Maestro Circle members are recognized for their leadership giving.
In addition to gifts of cash, New Orleans Opera can accept gifts of stock, property, or other assets. Contact the Development Office at 504.529.2278 ext. 232 to learn more.
New Orleans Opera Association is classified as a public charity and has 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status (tax ID 72-0272897); donations are tax-deductible as allowable by law. Feel free to contact us with questions, suggestions, or to request another copy of a donation receipt.