Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Director of Development
Classification: Part-time, hourly, temporary, hybrid (remote/in-office)
Compensation: $15.00 per hour, ten-fifteen hours per week, through December 16, 2022. A possible extension beyond December 16 is possible for the right candidate.
Core duties include:
- Attendance at Opera performances
- Setup for monthly Board meetings
- Assist onsite with Development events set-up, audio/visual needs, food and beverage, etc.
- Assist with Development department mailings
- Assist with Education department communications
- Track event RSVPs
This position is a good fit for someone who:
- Has experience in office management, gift processing, accounting, or fundraising support
- Has exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Possesses intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
The New Orleans Opera is willing to teach:
- Specifics about the operatic art form
- NOOA policies and procedures
At New Orleans Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. NOOA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We encourage candidates who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, otherwise-abled, and other underrepresented identities to apply. All applications will receive consideration for employment.
Vaccination policy: New Orleans Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company beginning September 7, 2021. Within 24 hours of accepting an offer of employment with New Orleans Opera, individuals must submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID. If proof of vaccination is not provided, the offer of employment will be withdrawn. Individuals receiving an offer of employment from New Orleans Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.