Good food, good friends and great music. Join the Opera Club and get an insider’s view of the opera company. The Opera Club is a social organization composed of people who love the opera and attend our performances Your membership does not directly support the New Orleans Opera, however, you do get three fabulous dinners throughout the season while rubbing elbows with the stars and might even get a chance to sing some too!
The club is known for its social events. Three times each season, we have a party to enjoy each other’s company and meet the stars of the opera about to be performed. The dinners are held at the beautiful Opera Guild home on Prytania Street and are formal affairs with a catered menu and open bar. Maestro Lyall introduces the stars and speaks about the upcoming performances. In addition to dinner and cocktails, each party includes entertainment related to the upcoming performances.
The club also has an annual holiday gathering. Admittance is separate from club dues but is very reasonable in cost. This event is also held in the Guild home, which is always beautifully decorated for the holiday season.
We would love to have you as a member! If you are interested, click here.
Opera Club Membership
The New Orleans Opera Club would like to invite you to join us in our festive celebration of Grand Opera in New Orleans. This year we will host three dinners that allow you to enjoy the voices of young opera talent, mix and mingle with stars of the season’s productions, and don your best formal or costume attire. Please mark your calendar for the 2018-2019 dinners:
Carmen on Saturday, September 28, 2019
Joan of Arc on Saturday, February 1, 2020
Magic Flute on Saturday, April 25, 2020
There are multiple options for joining the festivities.
- $840 Dual membership fee includes six individual tickets to Opera Club Dinners. You may use the tickets in any combination: two tickets for each dinner, three tickets to two dinners, or even share tickets with friends and family.
- $420 Single membership includes three tickets to Opera Club Dinners with the same flexibility.
- Additional tickets can be purchased by Opera Club members for $140 per ticket. If you would like to attend one or more dinners without a membership, individual non-member tickets are $165 each.
Making this work will require an RSVP policy to manage the cost of the dinners.
- You must RSVP no later than one week before the dinner and include the number attending;
- If you do not RSVP, you will not be admitted. Remember, space is limited;
- If you RSVP and do not show up, your ticket will be considered used.
Join us for wonderful evenings of food, friends, and fun. We thank you for your past support and look forward to seeing you at the New Orleans Opera Club events.
Jayne S Weiss MD
President, New Orleans Opera Club