This series takes a thematic topic from the season’s operas that also impact our communities today. Join us as we address each topic with a panel of thought leaders and experts in the field. These 60-minute discussions are free and open to the public and provide information about helpful resources when available.
November 3, 2022 at 6:00 PM
Can White People Write Black Opera?
- Adonis Rose, Grammy-Award Winning Artist, Composer, Educator, and Producer
- Dr. Cynthia Cozette Lee, Composer, Flautist, Pianist, Poet, and Author
- Dylan Trần, Composer, Multi-Media Artist, DEI Activist, and Producer
- Michael Ellis Ingram, Conductor, Poet, and Educator
- Quo Johnson, equity specialist, healing practitioner, and social justice advisor for OPERA America.
- November 3, 2022
- Time – 6:00 – 7:00 PM CST
Stay tuned for our next conversation!
September 17, 2022 at 3:00 PM
What responsibilities do arts organizations have to the communities they serve to present and reflect the historical reality?
- Anwar Nasir, Executive Director of the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra
- Clare Burovac, General and Artistic Director of The New Orleans Opera Association
- Lauren Turner Hines, Producing Artistic Director of No Dream Deferred NOLA
- Heather Hodges, The Historic New Orleans Collection
- Terrance McKnight, Radio Host at WQXR