- Title: Development Operations and Special Events Coordinator
- Coordinator Reports to: Director of External Affairs
- Classification: Full time, hourly, non-exempt
- Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience, plus benefits (paid vacation, sick days, health insurance, SIMPLE IRA plan with company match)
The mission of the New Orleans Opera Association (NOOA) is to enrich the lives of all people by producing opera of the highest artistic quality and provide educational opportunities through traditional and innovative approaches. The Development Operations and Special Events Coordinator plays a critical role in the realization of the company’s goals and the overall growth of the New Orleans Opera.
New Orleans Opera Association is celebrating its 79th season in 2021-2022 and is proud to continue the legacy of producing opera in America’s First City of Opera, a tradition which began when Andre Getry’s Sylvain premiered in New Orleans on April 22, 1796. Each year, NOOA presents operatic productions that feature both classical and contemporary works. Beyond the stage, the key component of NOOA’s mission is its commitment to outreach and education programs in the Greater New Orleans area.
If you have impeccable attention to detail and accuracy, strong computer skills, and enjoy planning events, we want to hear from you.
Core duties include:
- Process and acknowledge all donations to the New Orleans Opera
- Update and maintain all patron-related information in Choice, the company’s CRM
- Reconcile all revenue and electronic transactions with the finance department
- Track and report on fundraising activity and revenue.
- Ensure accurate and timely donor recognition for all donors in NOOA materials
- Support of all aspects of NOOA’s donor benefit, cultivation, and stewardship events managed within the Development department
This position is a good fit for someone who:
- Has experience in office management, gift processing, accounting, or fundraising support
- Has exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Has experience in event planning, including excellent organization and project management skills
- Understands the complexity of financial planning and adhering to budgets
- Has strong project and program management skills
- Possesses intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite as well as prior experience with CRM software
- Knows how to work within a team to accomplish goals
The New Orleans Opera is willing to teach
- Specifics about the operatic art form
- Database skills specific to the Choice platform
- NOOA policies and procedures
At New Orleans Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. NOOA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We encourage candidates who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, otherwise-abled, and other underrepresented identities to apply. All applications will receive consideration for employment.
- Send cover letter and resume (Word or PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls, please.
Vaccination policy: New Orleans Opera has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy, which requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to perform work for the company beginning September 7, 2021. Within 24 hours of accepting an offer of employment with New Orleans Opera, individuals must submit proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID. If proof of vaccination is not provided, the offer of employment will be withdrawn. Individuals receiving an offer of employment from New Orleans Opera will be provided the full text of the vaccination policy.