In 1966 the New Orleans Opera Association received a generous donation of an 1865 Greek Revival home from Nettie Kenney Seebold. (The home now referred to as the Opera Guild Home is located at 2504 Prytania Street.) Fifty years later the Women’s Guild celebrated by commissioning artist and New Orleans native, Thomas Bruno, to create a statue for the front yard of the beautiful home. Madame Butterfly, was unveiled at a party on October 13, 2016.
Now, five years later and in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, in-person activities at the Guild Home have temporarily halted. As a fundraising arm of the Association, Guild Members met and decided that offering a special edition of the Artist’s Proof of the statue to people making a donation of $3,500 to the Guild would be a wonderful way to support the Association.
- Statue Dimensions: 20″
- Material: Bronze
- Donation: $3,500.00 ($2,000 tax-deductible donation to the Women’s Guild)
- Deadline to pre-order: July 1, 2021
- Estimated delivery date: October 1, 2021 (subject to change)
- For more information on the statue, call Jenny Chapman, Support Group Liaison (504) 529-2278.
- To learn more about Thomas Bruno, visit his website here.
- Shipping/delivery details to be determined
- Both credit card and check donations can be processed with the form below. For checks, please select “Donate with Offline Donation” and thank you!
A Look Back:
Donors who contributed to the commissioning of the statue were Betty Brooks, Penny Baumer, Bill Coe, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Bruno, S. Michael and Lynne Cappel Cashio, Dr. William and Dierdre Long, Mr. and Mrs. A.J. Capritto, Jo-Ann Ciolino Adams, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph M. Bruno, Patricia Dunbar Murrell, Dr. and Mrs. Charles L. Dupin, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred E. Stacey lV, Kathleen Vogt Robert, Marilyn Nuccio Guercio, Dr. and Mrs. Patrick Dowling, Mr. Bruce and Dr. Jane Cagen Miller, Lanier Long Hosford, and J.P. Fleming and Dr. Erin O’Sullivan Fleming.