On Sale September 24, 2021
On Sale November 11, 2021
ABOUT THE CONCERTS
The new season of Opera on Tap In Our Yard resumes with a lively potpourri of opera, operetta, and musical theater titled “The French Connection“. Featuring some of the best young singers in the region, the program will include excerpts from operas given their US premieres at the city’s legendary French Opera House, music set in Paris, selections inspired by Louisiana and New Orleans, and some of the cabaret songs made famous by Josephine Baker. Don’t forget to bring a chair or blanket and your own choice of food and drink. The lawn of our beautiful Opera Guild Home is the ideal setting for “le picnic!”
Opera on Tap goes indoors for the holidays!
If you haven’t been to the New Orleans Museum of Art (NOMA) during the past year, take advantage of the free admission for all Louisiana residents on Wednesdays (see below links for the December 2021 exhibits). Then stay after hours for a musical treat in the new Lapis Center for the Arts! This beautifully renovated multi-purpose cultural space was dedicated just last spring and will serve as a hub for performances of all kinds at NOMA. Our concert will include both sacred and secular music of the season, with familiar carols and songs from many lands.
NOMA December Exhibits
- Dawn DeDeaux: The Space Between WorldsA Brief History of Photography and TransmissionIshimoto Yasuhiro: Centennial Selections
- NEW at NOMA: Recent Acquisitions in Contemporary Art
- Atomic Number Thirteen: Aluminum in 20th-Century DesignArte Sacra: Roman Catholic Art from Portuguese India
- The Pursuit of Salvation: Jain Art from India
- Ancestors in Stone
* To all current Subscribers and Members, you will receive an email with instructions on how to participate in the Pre-Sale.