Tuesday, May 25 at 5:30 PM
The Opera Guild Home
2504 Prytania St.
- $30 for a pod of 3 people.
- Priority seating for people donating at least $25 at the time of purchase.
- The performance will take place on the lawn of the Guild Home, 2504 Prytania St. NOLA, 70130.
- Concert begins at 5:30 PM.
- Those donating an additional $25 or more will be given priority seating on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bring a blanket or chairs (up to 3 chairs per pod).
- No food or beverages will be available, so please BYOB.
Shakespeare – In Our Yard!
The play’s the thing, and the Bard is the best when it comes to opera and musical theater plots! This concert features music from Cole Porter’s Kiss Me, Kate (based on The Taming of the Shrew), Britten’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Verdi’s Falstaff, Thomas’ Hamlet, and Rodgers and Hart’s The Boys from Syracuse (based on The Comedy of Errors). Plus three musical settings of Romeo and Juliet – the famous opera by Gounod, I Capuleti ed i Montecchi by Bellini, and Bernstein’s magnificent West Side Story.
SINGERS RACHEL LOONEY, NICOLE HEINEN, ZARA ZEMMELS, KAMERON LOPREORE AND SPENCER REICHMAN ARE ACCOMPANIED BY CAROL RAUSCH.
We look forward to welcoming you at our upcoming performance.
The health and safety of our guests, performers, and staff are our top priority. While there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public spaces where people are present, we hope that the following guidelines will help everyone safely enjoy the performance.
- Per City and State mandates, face masks will be required for all unvaccinated guests and staff throughout the performance.
- A trained COVID officer will be on site at all times. All guests and staff will have a contactless temperature screening upon arrival. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter the venue.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry and throughout the venue.
- While there will be no sale of food or beverages on site, we invite our guests to bring their own drink of choice to enjoy.
- Restrooms will be available during the performance. We encourage guests, however, to use the restroom before they arrive to prevent large groups from gathering in the restroom area.
- Please respect social distancing guidelines throughout the performance. Signage, ground markings, and staff will help guests maintain at least a 6-foot distance from each other.
- Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pain, shortness of breath, or loss of sense of smell or taste) should stay home and contact their healthcare provider.
Any guests who are unable to adhere to the above guidelines will be asked to leave the performance. We thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In the case of a possible COVID-19 exposure at the performance, the ticket purchaser will serve as the main contact for their party.