Operas & Events
The reviews are in!
– Chris Waddington - Times-Picayune - http://www.nola.com/arts/index.ssf/2011/11/new_orleans_opera_triumphs_wit.html
A Masked Ball – “This was one of the strongest casts ever assembled by Robert Lyall, the Opera’s artistic director and chief conductor”
– William Burnett - OperaWarHorses.com - http://www.operawarhorses.com/2011/11/19/louisiana-locale-impressive-casting-for-paul-groves-first-ballo-new-orleans-opera-november-18-2011/
A Masked Ball – “Mezzo-soprano Jill Grove as the sorceress Ulrica was yet another big voice, with deep power below the staff, projecting a menacing woman, whom one could believe really communicates with the forces of darkness.”
– Brian Morgan Reviews – SALOME on \”Steppin\’ Out\” WYES - http://www.wyes.org/ondemand/steppin-out-march-2-2012/
Salome – “(McKinny) is a sensation…worth the price of admission.”
The review starts at 11:18 minutes into the show.
– Joe Shriner - NOLA Defender - http://www.noladefender.com/content/but23terfly-eff67ect
Madame Butterfly – “Bringing together the esteemed Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, impressive stage design, and immensely talented singers, the NOOA’s production of Madame Butterfly is an outstanding achievement.”
– Theodore P. Mahne, Times-Picayune - http://www.nola.com/arts/index.ssf/2012/03/no_opera_unveils_a_sultry_stro.html
Salome – “In addition to Khudoley’s bravura performance, the most exciting voice of the night came from below. Well, a well to be precise. As Jokanaan, baritone Ryan McKinny was simply amazing.”
– Andrew Adler - Times Picayune, NOLA.com - http://www.nola.com/arts/index.ssf/2012/11/can_you_say_figaro_the_new_orl.html#incart_river
The Barber of Seville – “Friday’s performance delivered abundantly, reflecting the care and feeding of a cast expert at rendering the composer’s buffa style as something greater than a montage of slapstick-like sequences.”